Oil & Energy Pty Ltd (ACN 087 620 951) is committed to providing quality products and services to you. This Privacy Statement provides information regarding how we treat your personal data collected, and your associated rights when using websites, platforms, and other services that link to this Privacy Statement, or when purchasing products from, conducting business with, or otherwise interacting with Oil & Energy (“we”, “us”, “our”).
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our products and services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. The types of information we collect and how we may collect it depends on which products or services you use.
Categories of data you provide to us or our service providers
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias or display/username, postal address, telephone number, email address, account name, telephone number, and date of birth.
- Information necessary to complete financial transactions, such as telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, bank or customer account information, and in connection with credit requests, Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN) or Australian Tax File Number (TFN).
- Commercial Information, such as inquiries about and records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies and other information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you.
- Employment information, such as your job title, job function, company/organization name and information.
- Demographic information, such as your nationality and country of residence.
- Your preferences with respect to email marketing
- Contest entry and event registration information, you provide.
- Feedback from you about our products and services
You are not required to provide information we may request, but if you choose not to provide it, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or to complete your transaction.
Categories of data collected automatically by us or our service providers
- Information about your browsing behaviour on our sites or applications, such as the date and time you visit, the areas or pages you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using our site or application, and the number of times you return. On websites or applications to which you log on, we may connect this information with your identity to determine your potential interests in our products and services.
- Information regarding whether emails we send you are opened, forwarded, or used to click-through to our services.
- We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities, your preferred language, your operating system, software version, the date and time you access the site, and the website from which you linked to our site(s) or application(s), if any.
- Your mobile device(s) identifier, mobile device(s) manufacturer and model, operating system used by your device(s), mobile phone service carrier, the dimensions of your device(s), and the mobile application version you used. If an Android device is used, an advertising identifier (Google sends it automatically).
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location or movements.
Categories of data we collected about you from third parties
- If you use a third-party login to create an account with us or otherwise link to us via a third-party service, we may receive information about you from the third party (subject to your privacy settings on those third-party services), such as the above-listed identifiers and demographic information, your interests, and publicly observed data (for example, from social media websites or online activity).
We may draw inferences from any of the categories of data above described or combine the information we receive from and about you through any of the above means and publicly available information to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our services.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking
Our site(s) may also contain web beacons, which are small, transparent image files. Web beacons allow us to count the number of users who have visited pages of our site(s). We may include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, including whether the recipient clicked on a link in the email or forwarded the email to another person.
Tracking Options and “Do Not Track” Signals
Our Use of Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes only.
Customer Service. We use personal data to answer your questions and to respond to your requests made through our websites, call centres, applications, or through third-party websites (including social media).
Commercial. We use personal data to deliver services or to execute transactions you request, such as concluding and executing agreements with customers, suppliers, and business partners; recording and settling services, products, and materials to and from our company; and facilitating use of our websites and applications.
Improve/Develop Products or Services (including websites and applications). We use your personal data to develop or improve our products or services; to determine how to best provide services to you and to manage your accounts; and to improve our websites and applications to make them easier to use.
Marketing, Tailored Content, and Promotions. We may use your personal data for the development, execution, and analysis of market surveys and marketing strategies to better understand our customers and users of our websites or applications. We may advertise and market our products and services to you. We give you the opportunity to opt-out from receiving such communications and each email communication we send includes an unsubscribe link allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication.
Account management and verification. We may use your personal data to manage your account with us, and to send text, SMS, or push notifications to your mobile device with your prior knowledge and consent.
Fraud and security. We use your personal data to protect the security and integrity of our services and our business, as well as to safeguard your personal data. We may also use your personal data to manage fraud and security risk, including detecting and preventing fraud or criminal activity.
We may also use your personal data in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent prior to the point of collection, or in an aggregated and non-specific format (where you cannot be reasonably identified) for analytical and demographic purposes.
We use your personal data only because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you, for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, or with your consent.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information without your prior consent and where that consent is required by law.
Service Providers. We disclose your personal data to our Service Providers for legitimate business purposes to provide services to us or on our behalf, such as data hosting, cloud services, sending out information and communications, processing transactions, analysing data, technical support, and other business and professional services. We provide these companies with only those elements of personal data they need to provide their services to us.
To Third Parties for Transactions. We may also disclose personal data in connection with certain transactions, such as to financial institutions, government entities, and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfilling transactions, or to other third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal data in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Required Disclosures. We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in our good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, and to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
A person may request to access personal information about them held by Oil & Energy. Such a request must be made in writing to the address below.
Oil & Energy will grant a person access to their personal information as soon as possible, subject to the circumstances of the request. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
A request to access personal information will be rejected if:
(a) the request is frivolous or vexatious;
(b) providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of another person;
(c) providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any person;
(d) providing access would prejudice Oil & Energy’s legal rights; or
(e) there are other legal grounds to deny the request.
Oil & Energy may charge a fee for reasonable costs incurred in giving access to an individual’s personal information. The fee (if any) will be disclosed prior to it being levied.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
The General Manager
Oil & Energy
20 Ambitious Link,
Bibra Lake WA 6163
Telephone: 1800 015 580